Ask yourself or a family member these important questions:
- Do you feel that people mumble and do not speak clearly?
- Do you understand some people better than others?
- Do you frequently ask people to speak up or repeat themselves?
- Do you have difficulty understanding on the phone?
- Do you find it difficult to follow a conversation in a crowded room or with background noise?
- Do you turn the volume of the television or radio up louder than is comfortable for others?
- Do you find it difficult to hear in public places, such as an auditorium or church?
- Do family and friends comment on your inability to hear?
- Do you ever concentrate to listen so hard that you become fatigued?
- Do you have ringing in your ears?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may have a hearing loss and should have Dr. Dena at Peninsula Hearing Center conduct a hearing evaluation. It is recommended that everyone have his or her Annual Hearing Test.