At Peninsula Hearing Center, when we fit you with new hearing aids, our goal is to help you become comfortable with your new hearing technology. We strive to help you make this transition quickly and pleasantly. If you have questions, or if you need personal assistance while you go through the process of relearning to hear, please ask us – your success and comfort are our primary concerns.
Here are five steps to help you during your hearing improvement journey:
1. Admit that your hearing isn’t what it used to be. Most people wait five to seven years before solving their hearing problem. That’s time you cannot get back. Call us to find out what you can do today to improve your hearing.
2. Keep a positive attitude while you seek help with hearing improvement. Success with your hearing aids will depend on your attitude, your desire to learn, and determination to improve your ability to hear.
3. Learn about your hearing problem. The best remedy for hearing loss is education. Learn all you can about your particular loss and work with Dr. Dena Riso to determine the best solution for you.
4. Set realistic expectations. You won’t hear again like you once did. Hearing aids are a substitute for the original. Your best bet is to focus on improvement. Your hearing aid won’t restore your hearing to perfection, with practice it will help you hear better, communicate more effectively and feel like part of the action again.
5. Emphasize practice, patience and time. The transition to hearing aids requires practice. It’s an investment that usually begins to pay dividends within 45 days. Remember the more you wear your hearing aids, the better your experience will be.
We are here to help you on your journey to better hearing. Please explore our website in depth, and call the Peninsula Hearing Center for additional information about hearing loss and hearing aids.