Comprehensive hearing and balance services for people of all ages.
Hearing Healthcare in San Diego County
We provide hearing tests in Point Loma, Coronado, and Rancho Bernardo, CA. If you have any concerns about your hearing, we strongly encourage you to schedule a hearing evaluation. We provide hearing exams for patients ages 4 and up. During the evaluation, we will perform a series of tests, including:
- Diagnostic evaluations
- Otoscopic examination
- Speech and word recognition testing
- Speech in noise testing
- Middle ear analysis
We provide counseling for patients, friends, or family on how to understand hearing aids and their benefits. We also provide counseling on good communication strategies, how to be strategic in noisy environments, and how to get the most out of your hearing aids. Our hearing specialists use LACE, a computer training to help the brain improve auditory memory to help you better adjust to hearing sounds around you.
If you hear a buzzing, humming, ringing, or whistling sound in your ears, you are not alone. Tinnitus affects millions of people. When you visit our hearing clinic, we can perform a tinnitus test which includes:
Balance issues are common, and our audiologists are dizziness and balance disorder experts. Chronic dizziness, vertigo, or loss of balance can be debilitating and can negatively affect your quality of life. At Peninsula Hearing & Balance Center, we offer vestibular testing to determine if dizziness or balance issues are present. We offer the following testing for balance disorders.
- Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR): Identifies abnormalities of the auditory neural pathways through the level of the brainstem such as an acoustic neuroma.
- Videonystagmography Testing (VNG): Assists our specialists in determining if the patient’s dizziness is caused by inner ear dysfunction, BPPV, or central pathology.
Cerumen (earwax) can build-up inside your ears, causing discomfort and muffled hearing. If you have clogged ears due to earwax, we offer professional ear cleaning services.
- Curette: a tool to manually remove cerumen
- Irrigation: the use of water to flush out cerumen
- Microsuction: use of a small vacuum to remove cerumen
Hearing Aid Services
When you receive hearing aids from Peninsula Hearing & Balance Center, you’ll receive ongoing support and services to keep your devices performing their best. We offer the following services for hearing aids:
- Hearing Aid Evaluations
- Hearing Aid Repairs
- Hearing Aid Cleaning
- Real Ear Analysis
Loud noise exposure is one of the most common causes of hearing loss in people of all ages. It’s important to be proactive by protecting your hearing and wearing custom earplugs or earmolds. We can make custom fit earplugs and earmolds for optimal hearing protection at any of our offices. We can create:
- Custom earmolds for behind-the-ear hearing aids
- Custom swim earmolds
- Musician plugs (ER-9, ER-15, ER-25)
- Pilot earphones
- Noise protection plugs, some specifically designed for hunters and shooters
- iPod earplugs
- Custom music earphones (different from musician plugs)
To better serve you and your family, Peninsula Hearing & Balance Center offers mobile hearing care services. If you are unable to come into one of our three offices, we can come to you! We offer home-visits for:
- Routine hearing check-ups
- Hearing tests and consultations
- Hearing aid fittings, ordering, and adjustments
- Hearing aid tune-ups, repairs, and replacements